Happy New Year, Loves! After a long holiday hiatus, I’m back and feeling great! December is always a hard month to commit to writing frequently because of all the last-minute holiday shopping, parties, and tying up any loose ends. 2017 was by far the best year because that’s the year my new name became mommy.
As we enter 2018, instead of resolutions, I’m aiming to check goals off my list. I wanted to share some goals this year that I’m thriving to accomplish and I hope with the push of my family & friends, I can hit them.
- Be more present with my daughter’s growth & development. As a full-time meeting planner, I’m constantly working even on my days off, but this year I want to take more time focusing on what she needs and be as involved with her life as much as my work allows me to.
- Focus on my Blog & Social Media. The whole reason I began blogging was because I wanted to document my journey through parenthood and I really want to invest my time in writing as often as I can so I have something to look back on as Rylee gets older and see my personal growth as a mother as well.
- Get Healthy. I need to cut back on the snacks and greasy foods. I’m not one to commit to the gym as much as I used to, but I would love to get healthy again. I got so used to using pregnancy as an excuse to eat desserts for breakfast, lunch, and dinner…. but now that I’m not pregnant, I need to get my pre-baby body back! Plus I need all the energy I can get since Rylee will be on the move in no time!
- More Quality Time with my Husband. My husband & I have the best time together and although we go out a lot and do fun things, something we’ve been lacking is the intimacy & cuddle time we used to have. It’s just a lot more difficult to do that with a baby, but I know it’s definitely something I need to work on.
- Take more family trips. With a job like mine, it’s always hit or miss on when we can take a weekend trip anywhere, but I’d love to expose Rylee to more adventures especially now that she’s a lot more aware of her surroundings.
- Be the Best Version of Myself I can be. Last year was a test to see if I can handle the stress of work, being pregnant, and being a new parent. This year I want to be the best version of myself for my daughter and guide her in the direction we see fit for her.
This year will be so fun & I literally can’t wait to see my daughter hit all her first year milestones. 2017 was a busy year, so I’m looking forward to a quiet year! What are some of your goals this year?