Walking into a clean house is one of the best feelings! The brightness of the house, clean counter tops, freshly mopped floors, and fluffy pillows on the couch. I’ve always been the type of person to have a clean house, but as of August 2017, our house has now turned into what seems like a kids castle. Pink everywhere, toys everywhere, bottles everywhere! We’re lucky if the house is clean when we have visitors over.
One of my goals this year is to keep up with the housework, but with two full time jobs, mommy & meeting planner, chores aren’t exactly top of the list. But thankfully there are ways to keep your house in check!
- Choose one day of the week to do all your major cleaning. This could include mopping, vacuuming your floors, cleaning the bathrooms, deep cleaning your stove, folding all the laundry, etc… I try and do a bit of tidying up every night, but usually on the weekends we try and get all our big chores done.
- Always go to bed with a clean kitchen. One of my biggest pet peeves is going to bed with dishes in the sink. I also hate clutter on the counters, but no matter how hard we try and keep the counters clear, somehow mail and crap end up on the tail end of it. Currently trying to find a way to eliminate that problem..
- Always make your bed in the morning! This is such a simple task that makes a huge difference. I love getting into a neatly made bed every night!
- Try to do one load of laundry every day or every other day. Laundry is strictly a husband chore because I hate laundry. I usually load it into the washer and dryer, but whatever happens after they’ve been dried, is up to him! Doing a load of laundry every other day will help keep your bedroom floor clean of any clothes and hopefully you won’t be folding as much laundry vs if you do laundry once a week.
- Create a routine and stick to it. Some families prefer to do one chore a day; Monday – Clean Kitchen, Tuesday – Clean Bathrooms, Wednesday – Clean Bedrooms and so on and so forth… Others prefer to do all their chores in one day. Whatever your preference is, be consistent and stick with it!
Chores sucks and moms are always tired, but someones gotta do them! If you have any tips on a clean house, please share!